Power steering fluid box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ford fiesta 1.4 zetec 2003

Picture: http://oi44.tinypic.com/2d0gfsz.jpg

Hello, I just need some advice that's all, I just purchased a steering wheel fluid box, one problem, the black plastic thing at the bottom will not come off, same with the one that's in the car, it's black and I've tried plyers on it and it's just impossible so I do not want to damage it, now this morning I noticed under the black plastic bit is the actually part for the fluid box, so if I snapped the black plastic thing of I'm sure it'd brake the plastic attached under the black plastic part, and result in me buying another, so can anybody give me an idea of how to get this part of, this is the box and it's the black plastic thing at the right of the picture.

A friend suggested if you burn it it expands and can be pulled of but I do not want to burn stuff or anything without asking someone who knows what their doing, thank you.

Thanks alot guys

Sponsored Links
Well done for posting a picture, its a PS fluid reservoir. Not fully being able to see the bottom it looks like a pipe connection, why do you need to get it off?

Peter

Jogging the memory cell, but isn't that pipe the high pressure supply to the rack, and the other one the return?
Most unlikely you need to remove it, and certainly not by heating!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Jogging the memory cell, but isn't that pipe the high pressure supply to the rack, and the other one the return?
Most unlikely you need to remove it, and certainly not by heating!
John :)

Not sure but my mechanic came round and fixed it, the bottom sucks it threw, the one I needed to get off, we heated to get off, a lighter worked fine, even most mechanics and at metal scrap yards told me about the heat and pipe and it worked fine, no leaks, all fixed :)

thnx anyway

Back