Power tool tripping (MCB) in garage

Or a B32.

I think I'd want to know more about the circuit feeding this CU first, though.
I am seriously hoping that a cable supplying a garage with it's own CU is properly protected at the source, and isn't relying on the load end to provide overload protection...

That , I don't know. Only recently moved in. Will trace it back, but I would think its off the upstairs ring, knowing the way the previous people did things. The cable reaching the garage is thicker than the ring cable IN the garage, though I am not au fait enough with cables to say what the cable rating is.

I take it the garage should have a feed from its own mcb (there is a spare slot at the main board)? Not gonna do owt meself, but am interested in what's required.

Having just read some other posts on the subject, if the supply IS "just" a spur from the ring main in the house, would fitting an FCU on that supply as the spurring point be appropriate? The garage is connected to the house via a porch roof, cabling going somewhere thru the latter's roof space.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back