Powerbreaker Outdoor socket kits at B&Q.

K

kai

Powerbreaker Outdoor socket kits at B&Q.

Whilst stocks last - B&Q are selling Powerbreaker outdoor socket kits for just GBP 8.49. a big reduction from the normal GBP 29.99.

The kit consists of a waterproof outdoor socket, with 3m cable, and a RCD plug, which is simply plugged into a convenient indoor socket, avoiding the need for disturbing the house ring main or Part P to be involved.

Sponsored Links
I'll disagree with part p not being involved though, wether or not anyone cares is another matter ;)

agree with that spark,lots of people seem to think its ok to wire out an entire shed or garage,bang it on a plugtop and leave it :eek:

Sponsored Links
Done wrong it will still kill you, regardless of wether it is plugged in, or hard wired. :confused:

Makes perfect sense to require notification for some stuff powered off a plugtop aswell.

Yep, even fed by a plugtop the work falls under the scope of part p, just a lot of people seem to think that if it is just plugged in then it doesn't.
If that was true, you could get around part p by installing a 125A ceeform on your meter tails :LOL:

For interest, between September 2004 and December 2004, my local electrical wholesaler sold a very large amount of waterproof outdoor sockets, probably by home owners trying to beat the Part P "gold rush" in time for 31st December 2004. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

With it going outside, will probably be weatherproof.
So when it rains do you:

1) Bring it indoors?

2) Leave the window or door through which you passed the flex open?

3) Unplug it and put the RCD plug out in the rain?

not if you unplug it it isnt :LOL: (oh and use the wrong plugs so it falls off the wall)

Yes - beg psrdon - "permanent" was the wirng word. "Fixed" is what I should have said. It's fixed, therefore within the scope of Part P.

I am just getting her indoors to accept that I cannot legally install wiring in the garden (why would I want to light up the garden anyway). Don't anyone go giving her ideas that I could do it by bending the rules.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back