Powered caulking gun

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've only recently come across cordless caulking guns but it seems all the main manufacturers do them.
It hadn't ever crossed my mind this would be useful, what particularly is the benefit over the old school manual type?

Sponsored Links
I got a demo one to try when I was running a joinery shop, as we used loads of silicone for glazing.

I found it really good but my guys were old school and wouldn’t use it.

it was a Milwaukee

I got a demo one to try when I was running a joinery shop, as we used loads of silicone for glazing.

I found it really good but my guys were old school and wouldn’t use it.

it was a Milwaukee
What is the benefit... Evenness? Speed?
Personally I get a tired hand on the gun but I hardly ever use it; so don't have the right muscle... I can't imagine that's an issue for trades though!

Far easier to use one if you are laying down dense materials such as fire mastic and the like. Don't you believe that the trades don't need them - after a cold day putting in skirtings with GripFill, which gets harder when it's cold, it is still possible to end up with a hand cramp or muscle strain in the lower arm

Sponsored Links
I have one, a Ryobi. It's great for thick product that takes some pumping, and long straight runs. It can get a bit awkward the more you need to stop or move/angle the gun - but that may just be my lack of practice or use. You certainly feel the difference in your fingers after using one instead of a traditional trigger gun. I think they are well worth it if you regularly use mastic or tubes of glue, and you won't regret buying or using one.

If you get one, try and get a model that takes full size pro tubes, or you have to faff around cutting the tubes.

What is the benefit... Evenness? Speed?
Personally I get a tired hand on the gun but I hardly ever use it; so don't have the right muscle... I can't imagine that's an issue for trades though!
evenness and power.

Thanks, I hadn't considered the effort with much stiffer materials either.

Ah a new toy I don't own, I could actually do with one for Bushboard worktop adhesive, I think they have changed the recipe it is so difficult to squeeze out of the tube, I'm off to buy one, chuck it in the van with the rest of the carp I don't use, ta.

I looked online at the bosch one a while back because thats the power tool I mainly use, but the size of it put me off, it looked massive!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back