Powerfloat concrete issue.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently had a 40m2 slab of concrete laid, in the my kitchen/diner, which was powerfloated. After a period of time I then sealed it with Watco Powerfloat Concrete sealer (this was recommended to me elsewhere).

What a disaster - It hasn't adhered properly and has now started pealing. I should be able to peal the lot up just using a scraper...

Anyway anyone had experience with this product? Any suggestions for an alternative?

Some sort of penetrating sealer/densifier perhaps to avoid the need for a finishing coat?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Most all accessible pours are power floated these days and they do a great job giving a good to go surface.
Perhaps your problems lie in how you mixed or applied or when you applied the sealer.

I virtually never apply sealer or anything else to concrete surfaces - it only adds to bad news possibilities.
Keep it simple.

Power floated floors have Hardening and curing agents in it so nothing will bond. That's why you grind them down before putting and seal or Screeding compounds to it.

Sponsored Links
"hardening and curing agents" - some pours have them when specified, depending on whether residential or commercial/industrial sites, and various time factors.
Polishing the surface will cause bonding difficulties but its horses for courses.

And except in certain circumstances we dont screed over pours - its extra mats and work, & another factor that might cause a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back