Powerflushing with push fits???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise, I've been told I probably need to have my system powerflushed (Yippee more money) Alpha engineer doesn't advise it as we have some push fits might cause problems, new plumber say's load of rubbish??? who's right and who's wrong??? Please anyone.

Also now that rads are balanced I can hear them filling constantly keeps me awake, engineer said I'd need to attach something on the flow or return can't remember which but for the life of me don't remember what he said any idea's

Sponsored Links
I probably need to have my system powerflushed
That's true about 1 in 10 times I hear it.

doesn't advise it as we have some push fits
Depends whether it's an ape or gibbon, or a higher mammal who does it.
Pushfits can always be unreliable though.

You only need a flush if you have cold rads , or just their bottoms, due to sludge. Can be mild or very serious.
Can be as simple as putting chems in, leaving a few weeks , and returning for a 2 hours flush.

Noise is air, which will settle out, or corrosion gas, which needs flush & inhbitor to stop.
Air separator devices can help.

Sorted the problem with cold rads, balancing! My problem is my return pipe near the boiler is loads colder than that of the out pipe (ie when I hold it, it's tepid) when I hold the other one it's so hot I can't touch it x

Sponsored Links
Dazeybear said: Sorted the problem with cold rads, balancing! My problem is my return pipe near the boiler is loads colder than that of the out pipe (ie when I hold it, it's tepid) when I hold the other one it's so hot I can't touch it x

Return pipes are always colder, how much colder depends on at least 2 things. If the flow is really slow now that you have closed most of the balancing valves on the rads, and if the rads are using all of the heat being produced by the boiler so only cold water returns. Or a mixture of both items.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back