Powermax 155 Temperature Control?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the water is so hot, how can i reduce the temperature?

there's nothing on the control panel
I5lOk.jpg

uFELw.jpg

Sponsored Links
the water is so hot, how can i reduce the temperature?

The hot water from the taps? If so, you'd have to adjust the thermostatic mixing valve, the 3-port valve at the top right of your picture. The ones fitted to the Powermax frequently fail, so adjustment may not work.

the black knob just turns freely or is it the screw i should turn clockwise?

That's it. The black knob is an anti-tamper device. Undo the screw, remove the black knob and there is a square adjuster under it. Rotate the adjuster clockwise with an adjustable wrench or the right-sized spanner, if you have it. Re-fit black knob on completion. The outlet temperature shouldn't be below 55-60degC.

If it has gone out of adjustment, I'd suspect that adjustment may make no difference, in which case a new TMV would be required.

Sponsored Links
The moving inside part usually jams.

Has anyone ever had any success with cleaning them in acid?

do i need to open nut (2) as shown to be able to turn the square adjuster?

also how will i know how much to turn.

PNk4I.jpg

thanks

Yes, I think you loosen screw 2 and turn square 1 say two exact turns keeping a written note of the movements.

However, as I expect the inner part is jammed up it may not do whats expected.

Most people here just replace them because that ensures a solution for the customer.

Without a new spare I would remove the unit and see if I could clean it with 10% HCl.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back