Powermax 185 no hot water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning,

I am having issues with my hot water pressure with my powermax 185 boiler. As in I don't have any, the CH works fine and the drip that comes through the tap gets hot too it's just I have no pressure. We've changed the mixer valve twice (first one was faulty and wouldn't allow the hot water through) and didn't have any problems until recently when a radiator came off the wall flooding the house so had to drain the system etc.

I'm assuming it's either the pressure but I cannot check as there is no gauge to look at and I don't now how to increase the pressure either or that something needs descaling.

Please can anyone help.

Sponsored Links
Do all the hot water taps show reduced hot water flow ? Scale build up is a possibility although the inlet water flow rate to the powermax would need checking first for any restrictions,think you will be needing a powermax expert.
Is the blender valve set up to deliver water temperature of approx 55 oC ?

Yes all taps show a reduced flow, it's barely a trickle. And yes the blender valve is set up to deliver 55oC.

As I say it does get hot it's the pressure that's the problem as we struggle to shower and can't use the bath at all. General washing is ok we just have to wait a while to fill a basin.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Its a process of elimination it may be something basic like reduced water inlet flow or just need a descale by someone who knows about these boilers.

Many gas technicians will not touch these boilers,they were mostly installed in housing developments and there is a chance your neighbours have a powermax expert on speed dial.

Could be time to consider a replacement boiler :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back