Practising using a jigsaw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was practising using a jigsaw to cut out little pencil drawn semi circles etc- I found that when I went off the line I pulled back to correct it. I was worried with this set up because I was holding the wood with my left hand and cutting quite near- which made me bit worried about cutting her hand- wondered what's the best way to stay safe?

Any tips on cutting close to bendy line as well.

Attachments

• jigsaw.jpg
    jigsaw.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 138
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The 101AO is designed to cut thin wood, up to about 12mm, any thicker any you start to risk blade breakages which is why it isn't the best blade for scribing skirtings, etc. Isn't that stuff thicker? In addition the 101AO works best with the orbit function (if your saw has one) turned to zero. For thicker wood, consider a 244D - a big blade, designed for curve cutting in thicker timbers and with plenty of side set so it can be used for scribing - again used with zero orbit

The 101AO is designed to cut thin wood, up to about 12mm, any thicker any you start to risk blade breakages which is why it isn't the best blade for scribing skirtings, etc. Isn't that stuff thicker? In addition the 101AO works best with the orbit function (if your saw has one) turned to zero. For thicker wood, consider a 244D - a big blade, designed for curve cutting in thicker timbers and with plenty of side set so it can be used for scribing - again used with zero orbit

Is this one close enough to the 244D you recommend-

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p40792?table=no

That's a 144DP, not a 244D. Completely different and not really designed for curves. This is a 244D:

Bosch T244D Jigsaw Blade 001 01.jpg

Note that the teeth are set back from the T-shank - a feature of curve cutting blades. Some other manufacturers do their own version including Wilpu and deWalt. They are sold by lots of places, including Screwfix. Very fast cutting, but not always the smoothest of edges (depending on the timber)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back