Pre-mixed concrete for relaying a couple of patio slabs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Are any of the pre-mix concrete (just add water types) any good? I have a couple of loose paving slabs and no sharp sand/cement to hand so thought I could give one of these a go to get things do quickly instead of doing the mix myself.

Or am I trying to cut a corner that isn't worth cutting?

Thanks,
TFT

Sponsored Links
I've never used the pre-mixed bags, but concrete usually has gravel/stones within it (adding strength). If the bed you're laying your slabs on is only thin, a stone may stick up out of the bed and cause a slab to rock or crack. so unless the concrete bed is to be quite deep (at least a couple of inches, which may be unnecessary), it you might consider using a pre-mixed mortar (which is smoother consistency with no gravel/stone).
Alternatively, buy a few bags of sharp sand and a bag of portland cement - dry mix the two thoroughly at a ratio of 6:1 then add a little water.

Use a bag or two of slablayer ready mix - good stuff for a couple of slabs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back