Premier 48

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Commissioning the Premier 48. Got readout to 'Confirm Devises', and manual says '...'Confirm Devises menu will appear check and make sure all installed Keypads and Extenders are showing'

It goes to 'RKP 1' but that's all
I've got three keypads daiseychained and prog as 0000, 0100 & 0010

How do I 'confirm devises'?

Why don't they show up?

Sponsored Links
Because it's not see'ing the keypads , try removing the + on the network at the panel then reconnect , go to engineer utils, confirm devices, are they now showing ?

• Thanks
Reactions: SNM
If the on off routine didn't help.

Check the wiring is correct.

What are all the keypads displaying?

Time and date = keypad is on system,
version of keypad displayed = power only

Press menu and Yes, check keypad address, if you have more than one keypad addressed the same then it wont be seen. Note: you should have address 1, 2 and 3 according to your dip switches.

Also check network lights to see what they are doing.

The on/off idea didn't work.

All three keypads are showing time & date and 'System Alerts !'

The second and third keypads don't respond at all to any buttons.

According to MI keypad 1 can be registered with first dip switch either 'on' OR 'off' ... which seems a bit odd.
They're all off at the mo. I'll try with first dip sw 'on' in the morning, and let you know if any progress.

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
if the keypads didn't respond at all.

If you disconnect T & R it will display the version and address of the keypad.

Do one keypad at a time. ie diosconnect T and R then reconnect check that they are in parallel.

check your wiring the T and R are correct on the keypads everything in parallel.

0000 or 1000 address 1
0100 add 2
0010 add 3
0001 add 4

1111 add eng Engineers keypad

not available as valid addresses on 48

1001 add 5
0101 add 6
0011 add 7
1011 add 8

What are the network lights doing back at the panel?

• Thanks
0000 or 1000 address 1
0100 add 2
0010 add 3
0001 add 4

Sorted it thanks to all that contributed.

I had programmed keypad 1 as '0000' as instructions (and secureiam) say you can.
So decided to try first dipswitch in 'on' position ... '1000' and it all came to life.
Seems a bit odd (daft) to suggest 0000 for no.1, especially when it doesn't work.

All up and running. Didn't bother with the resistors. Wired zones as double pole, and programmed as Double Pole/EOL which is explained in manual.

However been getting intermittent alarms from the Panic Buttons, even though they're wired on separate zones.

Maybe I need to use the resistors? Always seems a palaver using resistors.

Well interesting find on the address, however I always do the first keypad all off, and the second one second dip on, never been an issue. Be interesting to note the firmware and the panel type for reference. (live, metal, plastic), also would need the firmware of the keypads, to see whats going on and reproduce the fault, i know that if the switch isnt fully on or fully off it can cause issues.

Intermittent pa, these are hard wired, if they are intermittent I would firstly look at the wiring both ends. The look at the programming.

How are the PA's wired to and where and how are they programmed.

Panel is metal. Firmware readout is (and I presume this is the panel firmware) ->SW V2.09.01LS1 Serial: 1014242

I'll take a look tomorrow at the keypad firmware like you suggest.

I've got one PA wired in double pole to a zone on keypad (by front door)
and two PAs wired (in series with each other) again in double pole to one zone on keypad by bed
They're all programmed as Double-Pole/EOL.

I'm very careful at connecting up. No stray strands etc.

Customer wasn't very impressed when it kept going of every so often !!

so your getting randoms on all pa's?

double pole so you have 4 wires 2 alarm and 2 tamper at the zone terminals.

then programmed as PA on what area, as double pole/ eol.

Yes, 4-core wired to keypads. Prog as 'Double-pole/EOL' and '24hr Audible'

Must admit, difficult getting my head around the 'Areas A,B,C & D' for 24hr circuits.
Then you've got Part Arm 'Evening Set' 'Bedtime Set 1' and 'Bedtime Set 2'
Then you've got 'Area Arm Suits' etc.
My head's starting to spin!

With most panels, if you prog PAs etc to '24hr' or simply 'PA', then it's not relevant as to what 'Area' or 'Suite' it's in and come to that wouldn't be omitted in 'Part Arm' anyway ... so I don't get it.

24 hr is different to pa, but as far as the activation goes it would be the same.

ie. press button to activate. They just need to be in a single area, armed or not they are available 24 7 as pa zones.

Everything is area A unless you are using it as a split system or area sytem , so allways A ,then part omit as 1,2,3 as required !

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back