Premier Elite 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a Premier Elite 24 installed. I asked regarding notifications when alarm is triggered and they told me that the only option is via the phone line and this would cost 200. I am not to keen with this option as the phone line is very easy to disable.

I asked about via the internet and GSM SMS and they said this wasn't an option unless I pay a suscription. It's this correct?

I have a Premier Elite 24 v 2.11

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
No ...push notifications via IP com / wifi com ... Cost price of unit or gsm comm price of unit plus SIM card costs

No ...push notifications via IP com / wifi com ... Cost price of unit or gsm comm price of unit plus SIM card costs
Thanks.

What is considered the best route, sim card or internet? I have a cable running to the panel area from my router.

Is this easy to do DIY? (I got the engineer code)

Up to you , only downfall with IP route , phone line off no comms , gsm unit around £150 pay as you go sim £1 plus top up, need to keep an eye on credit balance and do a test once a month to keep it alive or cheap sim inc credit around £5 a month

Sponsored Links
Up to you , only downfall with IP route , phone line off no comms , gsm unit around £150 pay as you go sim £1 plus top up, need to keep an eye on credit balance and do a test once a month to keep it alive or cheap sim inc credit around £5 a month
Your absolutely right! Completely overlooked that if phone line cut insternet would go with it.

What control do I have with SIM? Besides for alarm activated notification, can I remote arm/disarm, check status?

Also is this a DIY job?

Never tried it on an elite ! Later version non elite seemed to have issues with the Nokia , plus hard to find the data leads now

COM2400 is slow and needs a phone line, notifications to you via sms, have detailed information but use a TAP service and there are issues about reliability.

if you can get a Unicom lead good luck, not seen one in a long time.

Comip and comwifi use the internet and you can use an app with it, hard wired is more expensive but you don't have to worry about your wifi signal. The com wifi requires a little more to set up.

GSM module you could use payasyou go sim or contract, to send you notifications via SMS, you can use the gsm module in gprs mode and it will work as a com-ip module only, but you will need a data sim for that.

You can use ricochet on most premier panels and the Premier Elite range.

COM2400 is slow and needs a phone line, notifications to you via sms, have detailed information but use a TAP service and there are issues about reliability.

if you can get a Unicom lead good luck, not seen one in a long time.

Comip and comwifi use the internet and you can use an app with it, hard wired is more expensive but you don't have to worry about your wifi signal. The com wifi requires a little more to set up.

GSM module you could use payasyou go sim or contract, to send you notifications via SMS, you can use the gsm module in gprs mode and it will work as a com-ip module only, but you will need a data sim for that.

You can use ricochet on most premier panels and the Premier Elite range.

Will I need to buy the USB com module to communicate with panel via Wintex if I have the COM-WIFI?

I had a network cable from run the router to the location of the Premier elite but wifi is £50 cheaper.

Are people experiencing unreliability with the wifi? I have no issues with my devices around the house.

No you only need either one to use wintex.

if you are using the usb com, that needs to be connected to your pc and your panel to use wintex, the com ip or comwifi once connected to your router you can connect on your network do port forwarding on your router and you can access anywhere in the world.

The usb com however can be used in conjunction with a flasher module to flash up the panels firmware.

I have had a wifi module for some time and its permanently on test and I have had an issue, saying that the unit is relatively close t the router, so depends on what signal you can get, £50 is significant difference in price.

No you only need either one to use wintex.

if you are using the usb com, that needs to be connected to your pc and your panel to use wintex, the com ip or comwifi once connected to your router you can connect on your network do port forwarding on your router and you can access anywhere in the world.

The usb com however can be used in conjunction with a flasher module to flash up the panels firmware.

I have had a wifi module for some time and its permanently on test and I have had an issue, saying that the unit is relatively close t the router, so depends on what signal you can get, £50 is significant difference in price.

So I just plug the module into the panel and then configure it to connect to the router using the keypad?

BTW did you mean to say that you have had an issue whilst testing WIFI or haven't had one?

Sorry ti higjack, I've had my wifi com unit up and running for about 6 weeks now connected to Texecoms servers in addition to a standalone GSM dialler.

I get ATS path faults with a 'Phone line' fault probably on average once a week for just a few minutes even though I know for definite my internet is still working. I have the ATS fault set at 2 minutes so the lost connection may happen more that this but just doesn't get reported. Are you experiencing similar issues?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back