Premier Elite 64W USB - Com cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Is it possible to to have the USB-Com cable permanently connected to the control unit.

Leaving the cable outside the cover, to save having to remove the cover, making laptop connection via wintex easier.

Thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
to be fair you be better with a smart com or comip, and access the unit from the sofa?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have smartcom but do not know how i would connect a laptop remotely with wintex.

Any help to do this would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Dave

generate an app code on your phone (guessing you already have the app set up?)

you can generate the code in users, add device or use app.

In wintex you click on connect via smart com and enter the app code when prompted.

Brilliant, thank you so much. I didnt know that.

Will give it a try in a day or so.

Thanks

Again
Dave

Sorry another question, Just looked at the app and cant see how to generate an app code. I have the master and eng codes.
Thanks

Thanks, connected to the panel from my sofa via smart com.

Tried to email configuration files, getting ‘error sending email’ message.

Is it possible to flash the panel firmware via smartcom or is a lead needed.

Dave

smart com firmware can be updated by the app

panel firmware need a usbcom and elite flasher.
version 5 and above elite panels can be flashed remotely, however this is available to installers with a TCS subscription and panel subscription renewed annually, personally was advised this is ony any god say flashing for 5.x to 5.y, when 6 is released it may not be adviseable to use or may not be available, but too early to tell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back