Premier elite alarm smartcom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been trying to connect the smartcom to the alarms keypad but have been unsuccessful. I can get the panel to respond to the programming but it comes up as not connected to the smartcom. I have a flashing green light on the smartcom, any ideas to try please. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Your post doesn't make a lot of sense. You don't connect the Smartcom to the keypad, it connects to Com 1 and Com 2 on the control panel PCB. When you say it "comes up as not connected to the smartcom", what specific error messages are you getting? This should help to narrow it down. You should'nt have any green lights on the Smartcom, they're all blue for a start. If you follow the setup instructions supplied with the unit to the letter (you may have to scan the QR code on the box on really new Smartcoms as they don't come with paper manuals any more) you shouldn't have any issues.

Sorry I should have put it’s not sending a signal to the keypad

Sorry, still not understanding what's going on from that. I can help you out but I'm going to need specific details of the error messages you're getting. Have you followed the instructions to the letter? At which step in the instructions are you unable to get past due to this problem? What messages are you getting on the keypad relating to this fault? (ie panel not generating an app code, no carrier, ack failed)

Sponsored Links
Morning.
On the keypad I have got to the ‘enable Texecom connect app’ screen and pressed yes. This is the message that keeps scrolling
Please wait... modem is online
Start setup call sending ip..
call retrying... NO CARRIER

Any ideas, thanks in advance

No carrier means that the Smartcom can't get to the internet. Have you connected the Smartcom to the router via Wi-Fi? What router do you have? Double check that you've put the Wi-Fi password in correctly and check that you are connected to the 2.4ghz network on the router rather than the 5ghz network (you may have to log in to the router and disable the 5g channel)

short term you could wire ethernet cable direct to take wifi out of the loop, thought he smart com could only see 2.4 in the list of available.

I would turn the smart com off and deprogram it and start again from scratch.

Ensure the UDL password is entered into the panel and check the unique ID, if the unique id is empty you may want to connect with wintex and a usb lead to populate the unique ID.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back