Premier24 and Com2400 - ATS problems

Where would this 50vdc come from on the network?

On a BT line maybe.
A 12vdc ( on average) panel,nope.

Sponsored Links
if you fitted texecom you would know that the comms module bt input is labelled T and R.....

So it is.
Same as on the network T and R being used. Should have seen that.
Still was correct as in the network :D

Thanks all

The line is currently wired to an extension point at the moment and connected to the panel via a RJ11 cable (BT socket to RJ11 type) into the onboard WNV port.

Will I need to wire the line direct to T and R to check 50v or can this be done on the extension?

many thanks for all the help so far.

Sponsored Links
HI to be honest ive never used the rj 11 connector on the comms 2400 allways hard wired to T and R if the rj connector is just an alternative you should still get around 50v at T and R on the comms module when the rj 11 is connected

cheers pal, I'll try tomorrow as I'm at work late tonight.

Is there a need to power down the panel before doing this?

cheers

Checked the Com2400 this evening and there isn't 50v across T & R.

The extension cable is hard wired into the back of a master socket (built in filter) using 1,2 and 5.

I tried using 2 and 5 onlyas per the instructions, however I couldn't get a dialing tone on the extension line.

Is 2 and 5 at the master ?
How are you connecting there?

Remake connections and then test lead, then test at end of lead and then attach to panel.

Thanks Alarm

It's hard wired to the rear of the master socket using 2 and 5, then a cable run of around 6 metres to a slave socket in which the RJ11 fly lead is plugged in.

I've ran a pre-made extension cable from the test socket on the master to the Com2400 previously and still had the ATS Path error messages.

Could it be a fault with the incoming line?

Why I said to check everything.

Remove the lead and check both ends for continiuity. Then for voltage at the incoming.

Its step by step check and test i`m afraid.

Morning all

I've checked for 50v at the NTE5 and the extension outlet that the Com2400 is plugged into.

At both I have 40.2v, is this close enough to the 50v or is this likely to be the cause of the problem?

thanks again for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back