Preparation for Tiling Bathroom Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,

I am planning to DIY bathroom tiling. Currently the wall tiles fixed directly on the one brick plastered wall for half the height. I am planning to remove all existing tiles on the wall and apply a water proof layer in-between new tiles and brick wall.

I am not sure if this middle layer should be tile backer board, Ditra membrane or Mapie wp200.

I am not planning to do the whole wall of the bathroom. I intend to do whole wall for just the shower section and half wall on the basin side. My hesitation to go with title backer is that it will project the wall by 10mm then adhesive and tile on top of it. I am not sure if that look will nice.

Basically I want do a decent prep work before laying the tiles and make sure it is waterproofed and surface is flat for tiling.

Here is a pic for ref.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. TIA

Regards
Anbu

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back