Preparing a wall for a new kitchen

Using wall plates require a slight notch in the Wickes units as I understand it. Doing this invalidates your Warranty. That's the advice I had from Wickes.
To avoid this. I have gone with the batten approach.

Does anyone know if the distance of this bracket from the top of the unit is accurate in the case of Wickes Wall Units? I found the image on the internet.
upload_2020-9-22_10-2-54-png.205553

Sponsored Links
UPDATE: I've put these timbers in this week. I have used my laser level to set the height of the base and wall cabinets.
View attachment 205552

I am fitting Wickes Kitchen units and came across this:
View attachment 205553

I have set the high level timbers on this basis. Can someone please confirm that this distance from the top of the unit is correct?
Thanks again.
it’s easy to get those in the wrong place.
decide where the top of the unit is on the wall and make a line.....measure from the recess in the bottom of the hanger to the top if the cabinet.....(they’re normally set mid position when you get them)
set another line that amount under your first line......you can do that right around the room if you like as that should apply to all your wall units.
line the top of the bracket up with that line and fix to the wall.

there’s up and down slack in some of those hangers, when you measure be sure to take the slack out with your finger.

Sponsored Links
You’ve got loads of adjustment when you fit base units to get them level. Worst case if the wall is really bad may need to pack the odd bit. The units all need to line up with each other and are screwed to each other.
If my walls are slightly tilted, is it okay to have a slight gap from the wall when fixing the units in order to get them straight?

If my walls are slightly tilted, is it okay to have a slight gap from the wall when fixing the units in order to get them straight?
Wall units are pulled in tight to the walls.

If your walls are out of plumb, you'll need to pack out the top fixings

UPDATE: here is a picture of the finished kitchen. Once again, thanks for all your help.

Attachments

• 41B06D5F-5D63-4ADC-A352-53323A41A751.jpeg
    41B06D5F-5D63-4ADC-A352-53323A41A751.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 56

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back