prepping and painting external ply/softwood portico

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nice weather tomorrow.... hopefully!? I will be painting an external portico. The present paintwork is in a very sorry state. Flaky paint in a nutshell. Exposed areas of underlying ply. Approximately equal to 2 full 8x4 sheets of ply in area edged with timber battons. I think that a belt sander should make light work of the flakes but what I would appreciate is any helpful hints in prepping/undercoating the timber. Quick drying is a must as it's got to be done in a day as I will be back on the regular work come Tuesday first fixing a bathroom and kitchen (plumbing) The day job.
The colour is a deep Oford Blue but a high gloss finnish is not what I want. Equivalent deep blue colour but a much less shiny finish.
Roller... undercoat and similarly roller blue finishing colour. Time is of an essence.
Thanx aniticipation.... LOAF

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back