Pressure front wheels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We have a Ford Mondeo Estate. Our instruction book was been stolen and we both can't remember what the normal pressure of the wheels should be. Anybody knows?
(Sorry if this sounds 'crummy' English, we're Dutch and don't know all the correct 'technicall' English in motoring ;)))

Sponsored Links
WoodYouLike, I also have a Mondeo Estate. I found "Masona's" reference site and generally keep mine at 36lbs all round as I do not often carry loads of weight and find this is more economical.

Sponsored Links
The page masona brought us gives the pressure in psi (pounds per inch). New question, how many bars is that (we, Dutchies, not being used to inches, feet, etc ;))) This, before we read 30 as 3.0 bar and blow up the tires ;)))
And the pounds in psi are that English pounds or Mainland pounds (e.g. 1/2 kilogram)?
I know, I know, when in Rome......

thing is, if you take it to a petrol filling station most "airlines" have it marked in psi, i have also seen some that you select the psi and it stops when it gets to what you set

1 bar is approx 1 normal atmosphere which is approx 14.7 Lb/sq in (psi) which is approx 1 x 10^5 Pa (Pascals)

P

breezer said:
most "airlines" have it marked in psi,

Even those I have found with BAR on them, PSI was the primary mode of the display: BAR only appeared whilst you hold down a button.

That reminds me, I need to do mine as I haven't since it was warmer (I know, I should check at least every couple of weeks :oops: )

Thank you all very much. The pressure will be between 2.07 and 2.5 bar. Now we have to write it down somewhere we can refind it ;)))

Thinking of sheds .. About 4 yr ago I bought an inflator .. used via cigarette lighter socket ... from SemiFords ... you can set pointer on gauge at required pressure, pump switches off at that.
Believe it or not it seems pretty accurate, against the old reliable, stick or 'sleeve' type gauge and the local garage, gives same reading within a Gnats knicker.
Used regularly pumping tyres car and M/Bike, inflatable bed, exercise ball (latter for kids ) etc ... an all round,light use, excellent piece of kit. IMHO

Interesting :- http://www.landyonline.co.za/techtalk/tyre_pressures.htm
P

Sponsored Links
Back