Pressure Gauge Stuck sealed system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
(I have a sealed system Altec 18lt vessel kit working since April 2009)
Today I was letting water out of the system to reduce pressure so that I could take a radiator off and I noticed that the pressure gauge stayed at 1.5 bar and was not going down , I lightly tapped the gauge but still nothing happened I let more water run out then touched the pressure gauge and it jumped to zero. I had presumed the pressure gauge was working ok as it showed 1.5bar but it may have been wrong for some time. When I installed it in april it seemed to be working ok as I had to adjust the pressure up a few times over a week or two.
Any comments on what to do would be appreciated regarding use and reliability of pressure gauge etc?

Sponsored Links
Have taken pressure gauge off , could't see any muck , then tried gauge on foot pump and it seemed to go up and down ok, do these sort of pressure gauges go wrong easily ie reliability ?

Sponsored Links
Have taken pressure gauge off , could't see any muck , then tried gauge on foot pump and it seemed to go up and down ok, do these sort of pressure gauges go wrong easily ie reliability ?
i dont think ive ever come across a faulty one, although i'm sure there must be some, most likely fault was muck jamming the spring open, once remeoved cleaned and refitted you will be able to tell right away if it is ok as they pressure will rise when you top up the system

if it was blocked I would be a little concerned that its done so in just a few months, and most likely with little heating use. :confused:
Whats the system water like?

i dont think ive ever come across a faulty one, although i'm sure there must be some, most likely fault was muck jamming the spring open, once remeoved cleaned and refitted you will be able to tell right away if it is ok as they pressure will rise when you top up the system

Come across it several times Kirk.
WBs are prone to it with the pressure sensor as well.

It is dirty systems though, most often open vents converted to combis :rolleyes:

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back