Pressure / Jet Washers Sizing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to buy a pressure / jet wash, it wont be used frequently, need it for cleaning the drive (4m x 5m) paving slabs, and patio 3m x 1.5m), and rarely the car.

What do people recommend in terms of watts and bar I should be looking for, would 1400watt, 100bar be enough ? I dont want to waste cash on something that is over kill, but need something that does the job.

Cheers :p

Sponsored Links
unless you have a very big stick you cant beat a karche (if thats how its spelt)

If you get a higher powered one, you'll be able to hold the nozzle further away from the surface to be cleaned and thus cover more area. This WILL make a big difference in how long it takes to clean your areas.
I have a B&Q special that looks like it's made in the same factory as the first one in the post by ModernMaterials - it's fine for what I need it for but then I only have a small area that I need to clean.
You might be as well asking in the gardening section where me owd mucker Thermo might be able to advise you better - he knows his stuff.

Sponsored Links
its alright i look in here as well! :LOL:

one thing to watch when doing slabs is the pointing. Its very easy to blow the pointing out with a jet wash so be careful.

Most jetwashs will do the trick. You can pick up the karchers very reasonably these days and for not much more than the own brand ones in the diy sheds. They dont tend to last that well in comparison to the karchers(only from my experiance and that of friends etc). Most of the lower priced ones will be more than adequate for what you want to do with them. Your only going to do it once a year or so, so id go for one that lasts. If you want something quicker then look for the water flow it uses, but it really wont be an issue with what you need it for.

Cheers :D

In the end I went for the Karcher K235 DB from Argos £59 with couple of extra free tools, on Amazon its £99. Its 1600watts, 100bar.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7500022.htm

My drive, path and patio came up like new cant believe how dirty they were. Overall was very happy with it good price and decent power.

:LOL:

Rolo :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back