pressure relief valve pipework off combi domestic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a colleague at risk boiler as p.r.v pipework runs into sink. he advised run pipework to tundish and hepvo trap into sinks waste is this allowed? i thought you got to see end running waste is still plastic could melt sink could get blocked in worst case. havent seen job yet going tomorow :(

Sponsored Links
You get to see any discharge in the tun dish and the fannytrap is permitted for PRV discharges.

Tony

You get to see any discharge in the tun dish and the fannytrap is permitted for PRV discharges.

Tony

tony do you know where i can find info to say this is permissable for boiler prvs? I know its ok for unvented but can find no info for boiler prv's

micky.

Sponsored Links
That document only relates to unventeds.

However, considering it from a technical aspect, the volume of water in a heating situation ( 70-80li ) is usually far less than in an unvented which is typically 125-300 li.

The temperature cannot exceed 100C so there is less risk involved with a boiler than an unvented.

Tony

i thought prv outlets had to be visible so they could be repaired, so connecting straight into a drain is a no-no, but connecting into a tundish is surely ok as long as it is designed and fitted so not to cause any harm or danger to someone being able to touch the hot discharging water

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back