pressure washer advice needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I already have a 210-bar rated drain cleaning attachment that I bought a couple of years ago and I'd like to make use of it. It came with what looks to be a 1/2 in -> 7/8 inch adapter and I think it's supposed to fit Karcher pressure washers but I'm sure I can get adapters for other pressure washers as I don't believe the drain cleaning hose was made by Karcher themselves.

It's probably a bit of an odd request, but I'd like to find a pressure washer suitable for using with the hose, for a budget of around £600. Petrol or electric it doesn't really matter I just want the most reliable washer for that price. I'd use it for unblocking drains, washing cars and bikes and some cleaning up after building work.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
S.
[/list][/list]

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I thought I'd write up what I've found so far, either gleaned from reading reviews or looking on other forums.

It seems one of the best electric models in this price range is the Nilfisk P150.2-10 X-Tra. I had a job to find anything bad written about this model, most customers seemed to be happy and you can get it for £299.

The Karcher range do work for some people but there are way too many bad reviews. It seems on balance the K5 is slightly better than the K7. The overriding message is to ignore the 'lesser' Karcher models, i.e. less than a K5.

Not much information on Bosch. There are some bad reviews though, so I think it's best to rule this model out.

For Petrol the Kiam KM2800P can be obtained for about £400, and would be perfect if it wasn't for the fact that it's 50Kg so going to be awkward to get it into the car on my own. I still might get it anyhow, as it looks to be a solidly built machine. Nobody has anything bad to say about the Kiam petrol/diesel range although when I started researching this the Kiam brand was completely unknown to me.

Another model that got good reviews was the much cheaper Wickes brand 160bar model for £199. Seems to be a good budget option although you have to wonder about parts availability since it's a Wickes brand.

S.

Sponsored Links
Unless you use the washer professionally i would buy a decent unit for 250 and save the rest of the money. A petrol or diesel model is pretty overkill for domestic use.

I have a karcher hd5/11 which is a semi commercial electric one because i use it occassionally for cleaning paving and concrete drives. It's was about 360 a couple of years ago and its great. Been used all day on a number of occasions and never had a problem with it.

Also Look for flow rate as well as pressure because it makes a massive difference as to how quickly it will clean things

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back