Pressure washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have a Nilfisk E130.2 pressure and would like to know if it can lose pressure. When I use the normal fitting, the power seems consistent, but when I use the dirt blaster fitting, the power comes and goes.

I did buy a new fitting about a year ago and I could tell the difference in power straight away compared to the old one. However, it's now started getting like the old one.

I've also just bought a sandblaster attachment and was told that it needs 480 litres an hour to work. Mine has 500, but it doesn't seem to work properly. The sand is not getting pulled through the tube consistently and when it does come out the performance is very poor.

I've watched videos of it blasting off rust and paint, but when I tried to remove grease from a BBQ, it didn't touch it.

Is there something I can do to get this working properly.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
For the attachment to work properly, you do need a good volume of water on the incoming side.....can you confirm this?
John :)

Rust is hard

Grease is soft

That's the difference

Sand blasting only works on hard stuff, it just bounces back off springy things without chipping it away.

I assume water blasting with normal sand is okay, but read up on silicosis - just in case.

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
Hi.

I was told that my machine (which is 500 litres per hour) was sufficient.

The grease is baked on, so it's not soft. It's not getting the rust off properly either.

I was told about breathing the sand dust in when I was thinking of getting a sand blaster for my compressor. They said it isn't bad when using it with water.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back