price for Intergas 40kw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Does £3200 sound right for the supply and installation of an Intergas Hre 40kw. Price includes the removal of old boiler. It was way higher than I thought it was going to be but then maybe I was being unrealistic.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
To remove the existing boiler and redundant pipework To supply and fit an HRE 40KW INTERGAS combination boiler rated sebruk A To supply and fit a new flue assembly Install new increased size gas supply to the new appliance Install condence discharge to suitable location Reconnect to the existing heating circuits/valved in preparation for future alterations/additions Supply and fit single convector radiator 600x600 to boiler room complete with thermostatic valve Divert and Reconnect to the existing hot and cold water services Supply and fit Magnaclean water system filter Supply and fit automatic bypass Fully test and commission the system Register new appliance for building control certification We would carry out the above for the sum of ……………………………..£2590.00 plus vat at the required rate

Sponsored Links
Under 2K

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Johnny Ball can suck my Johnny Balls. Those stupid websites have a lot to answer for.

The boiler itself is the better part of 2K before any other materials, runnings costs, need to eat and pay rent/mortgages.

£3200 for a fitted IG40 is a blooming good price IMO.

Johnny fircking Ball.

My Pee is officially boiling.

Sorry, but it is one of the most annoying questions that gets asked on here.

Without casting a judgement, you are also asking about a very powerful boiler implying you have a rather large property.

Large properties tend cost a lot of money......

See the implication?

Annoying isn't it?

You imply that I'm loaded when you know nothing about me. Can you really get that from the price of a boiler and its specification. Lot of guesswork going on here. ;)

For the same reason that you went onto a website affiliated with some pensioner who is running out of money (maybe); so has resorted to flogging cheap boilers on the never never to those who can't afford to have a new boiler otherwise; and assumed that having a boiler fitted to your house would be the same price.

I saw some little car on TV the other day.... about £8K OTR.

Great. I am going to go to Honda on the weekend and see if they'll give me a Legend for £6.K.

Doesn't Carol Vorderman sell daft consolidation loans on TV as well? Maybe I'll get one.

Actually - I don't have any debts other than my mortgage and I don't watch TV so I am only guessing on this one :D

In all seriousness I filled in the estimator form on that website a while back and the response nearly made me call trading standards.

The sad thing is that those who are skint enough to need such a deal are probably daft enough to believe the hype.

Without making too many assumptions of course ;).

I might think you are calling me skint and stupid Dan. The reality is that i'm just tight but guessing you'd struggle to correctly price a job in my field of expertise too. Horses for courses and all that. :D

If you're tight, then I doubt you're skint. ;)

I wouldn't necessarily call you stupid either though. You responded to me better than most have done to this kind of thread, and in a manner I appreciate. It is nothing personal; just holding up the honour of the person you are querying indirectly.

I see that Balls lot have made some drastic changes to their website since my last visit.

They are still very quiet on how the prices may well shoot up when things deviate from the model their web estimator is designed for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back