Price of re-roofing a flat felt roof 1x3metres

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am being quoted £400 for re-roofing a one metre by three metre flat roof (on Ground floor level - so no scaffolding etc) and £600 if I go for fibre glass instead of felt. This price includes a metre long wooden fascia replacement also.

Can anyone tell me if this is reasonable? Some people (not roofers) have said I should not be paying more than £250...

Thank you

Sponsored Links
I asked because I have no idea what the costs should be and I think there should be more forums sharing knowledge of what a reasonable price scale is for people who don't know, to save them getting ripped off! Which does happen!

If you don't know what the costs can be - then you ask people who have had roofs done as well as trying to get quotes (which is not easy), which I did - so hold the sarky comments.

And before you go there - I'm not interested in getting cheap labour at an unfair price I just don't want to be swindled.

Thought this forum could help, but maybe not.

This is a DIY site, so if you want to do it yourself then people on here can help you.

This is not Compare the quote site, get more quotes.

Andy

Sponsored Links
If you`re East Sussex - I can recommend a couple of good roofers :idea:

OP`s gone - Hertsdrain. sent him off :evil: I could`ve persuaded him to go for a lead roof :mrgreen:

- I'm not interested in getting cheap labour at an unfair price I just don't want to be swindled.

Actually a wise move - in Sussex , due to our P.I .Key friends doing so much roofing :idea:

£250 sounds reasonable.

Just to give you an idea (sorry roofers) what it costs ME to get my flat roofing done.

4m x 3.5m. 60mm drip edges formed (all the way around) + 2 sides arris rails. 3 Layer torch on. It takes one man, one day and cost me £140 ex. materials & scaffolding. I supply mats & scaffolding & gas.

Hello

I am being quoted £400 for re-roofing a one metre by three metre flat roof (on Ground floor level - so no scaffolding etc) and £600 if I go for fibre glass instead of felt. This price includes a metre long wooden fascia replacement also.

Can anyone tell me if this is reasonable? Some people (not roofers) have said I should not be paying more than £250...

Thank you

Absolutely nothing wrong with that price.. if anything cheap and i will tell you why... as soon as a roofer mentions flat roofs and heat torches to the insurance man it trebles your quote. I would charge about £150 a square metre for flat roofs without fascia board. Get someone at £250 and you risk getting a very dodgy job done

paulandfrodo";p="2330750 said:
£250 sounds reasonable.

Just to give you an idea (sorry roofers) what it costs ME to get my flat roofing done.

4m x 3.5m. 60mm drip edges formed (all the way around) + 2 sides arris rails. 3 Layer torch on. It takes one man, one day and cost me £140 ex. materials & scaffolding. I supply mats & scaffolding & gas.[/quot

Id love to know who you insure with AND where you get your materials and I'll tell you what.. ive been roofing for 30 odd years and ive never done a flat roof on my own. Also what happens if you strip your flat roof and find the decking is gone and you have quoted £140???

shirazman,

Not far off what I pay - ex. materials. God, it's one long day's work. It's not brain surgery !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back