price reverse?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 6mths ago I fitted laminate flooring to my bathroom/toilet/hall/kitchen & paid £18.00 a pack.Now I want to do my living room but I need 10 packs but the price is now £25.00 a pack. :eek: Even if the previous price was 20% off that still does'nt work out right?£18 +£3.60 =£21.60 :confused: I still have the reciepts from 6mths ago but just seems a bit annoying that I have to justify spending an extra £70.00 for the same product :mad: It seems that aqualoc is only available @ Q&B so seems like i'll have to bite the bullet. :cry:

Sponsored Links
The 20% off is normally 20% off the previous selling price. There nothing stopping them from putting the price up after the sale. That way the next sale it will look like a bargain.

In all fairness you also can't compare the prices like that either. If we said £25 less 20% we would have £20. If we then put 20% on the £20 we would only have £24.

A similar thing happened to me the other week I bought something reduced from £70 to £50, I was really pleased with it so went back a week later for another. The offer had then finished and I had to pay £70. :evil:

works both ways though - we got some special offer kitchen cupboard doors @£180 - took em back because when we finally got round to putting them up (6 months later) we didn't like them - we swopped them for some more expensive doors and got an extra £210 in vouchers back because they were no longer on sale :evil:

KEEERRRRRR-CHING!!!!!

Sponsored Links
ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
About 6mths ago I fitted laminate flooring to my bathroom/toilet/hall/kitchen & paid £18.00 a pack.Now I want to do my living room but I need 10 packs but the price is now £25.00 a pack. :eek: Even if the previous price was 20% off that still does'nt work out right?£18 +£3.60 =£21.60 :confused:

Former 'normal' sales price would have been £22,50 (20% of £22.50 = £ 18,00 or 18 was 80% of former price = 18/80 x 100 = £ 22.50)

But anyroad, perhaps you can wait for a new 'spring-sale' at B&Q ????

I don't think springs would make a very good bathroom floor...

They might rust.

i say serves you right for buying locking laminate flooring in the first place!

Thermo said:
i say serves you right for buying locking laminate flooring in the first place!

Well, I was wondering if that should be mentioned, but then you might find me prejudice :cool:

Sponsored Links
Back