price

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
priced a job for a customer,they think its dear.existing backboiler and cylinder. remove old rads and one pipe system. repipe boiler cyl and fit 7 new radiatos with pipework(copper),three port, cyl stat, roomstat , pump,aerjec and programmer and pipe existing t/warmer. £2000 THOUGHTS PLEASE

Sponsored Links
I think they will struggle to find anyone to take on the job never mind beat your price. I bet if the get some one else in to quote they will try sell them a combi because they will not want the hassle of piping and rewiring a y plan. ( or they dont know how to )

boilers less than 10 yr old. could last another 15 to 20.other than efficiency values pointless changing. new boiler fo them probably cost wise, may not even be cost efficient.

I agree. I think a y plan system has plenty of benefits that a combi cannot match.

Sponsored Links
:LOL: possibly a little over the top, especially when your not having to fit a new boiler.

He is doing everything else accept fitting a new boiler . If he did fit a new boiler at approx £600 and £200 for labour and pipework etc it would still only come to £2800.

( it could cost a little more to remove existing bbu )

so much competition around here. Full heating i:e condensing combi and seven rads is between £1700 and £2500.

fitz1 said:
priced a job for a customer,they think its dear.existing backboiler and cylinder. remove old rads and one pipe system. repipe boiler cyl and fit 7 new radiatos with pipework(copper),three port, cyl stat, roomstat , pump,aerjec and programmer and pipe existing t/warmer. £2000 THOUGHTS PLEASE

WOW, unbelievable. Walk away mate! They are either comparing with cheap foriegn labour or trying to make you drop your draws for a very cheap job.

As others have said, if you take on jobs at that price you can come and subbie for me! :LOL:

fitz1 said:
so much competition around here. Full heating i:e condensing combi and seven rads is between £1700 and £2500.
Welcom the Plumberski :LOL:

Around Coventry the fully inclusive price for a new British condensing combi and 7 rads is £1700 inclusive. ( English workers too! )

Take out the combi and thats £1000 for the 7 rads plus say £500 for the other pipework and the controls so the going budget price becomes £1500.

So the customers right!

Remember thats the budget end of the market though. Perhaps your workmanship is better and can justify rather more.

We would quote about £2200 in London but plumbersky would do it for about £1200.

Tony

I've been quoted £2200 to have the following done

WB 28i
Use exsisting rads
Install TRV's
Clean system with X400 etc
New room stat and move to different location
Includes all electrical work
Place boiler in cuboard with no outside wall - Flue up through the roof
Install new pipework 22mm pipe up from gas meter to boiler
Also includes Install new fire (bought seperate), hearth and surround

Lancashire area - would people say this is a fair price. I had 4 quotes and they were all pretty similar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back