PRICING. CAN WE ALL AGREE ON HERE

hardworking tradesmen :D

sadly the only tradesmen i know think starting at 8 and finishing at 1 is a days work.

lazy shysters the lot of them.

That's fine as long as they're not being paid a whole day for it. I don't know any self employed tradesmen who can bill for time away at home, off ill or on holiday.

Perhaps you'd care to list the ones you claim to know along with some examples of where you've paid them full days for their 8 to 1 stint. Careful though, if you can't it makes you a b*llsh***er, if you can it makes you a mug.

What do you do for a living?

Sponsored Links
i would never pay by the day , the hard workers would never leave.

i have payed for a job in the past and they always leave early , probly got more than one job on at a time .

now if your talking about poles then yes , they are good workers and are realistic with pricing £50 a day is more than enough for manual workers.

I love internet fora, flora and fauna lol.
It empowers people so much, whether they give or need help.
There will never be anything so useful in real life, ever.

The only problem is you have to be a bit objective, cynical and check some facts.
Generally though, the internet is great.

Sites like this are fantastic and some of the advice would cost people ££'s when they get it for free.
It shows that the helpful nature of humanity still exists, no matter how bleak it can seem to some.
I also believe a fair price for everything, for the customer and the worker. What is fair, is for them to decide based on the situation.

Certainly, workpersons and customers from hell are always going to exist.

Considering how many posts' some of the experts' on here have, I am surprised they still help... I bow to these people's consistency and postivity.

There are so many different topics on so many sites, that I hope everyone get's the information they deserve.

Anyway, the mushiness stops here in case people call the straitjacket squad!!

I'm going to post soon, because I have a problem but I'm mentioning it only because I don't want anyone to think I grovelled hoping for extra help.
Still, it would be hard with my username. o_O
So once again, to the helpful ones, thank you!

Sponsored Links
£50 a day lol for someone to deal with a potentially explosive device, to give you a certificate of confirmation that it won't blow up and put their reputation on the line?? Of course, it does not mean that some of them are not excellent plumbers, does it? or does it?

£50 a day is more than enough for manual workers.

Most medical operatives are also manual workers. Should you ever require a heart by-pass, hip replacement or liver transplant remember to insist only on what £50 a day buys you.

For the approximately 46 million Americans without health coverage, average figures for childbirth in a hospital range from $5,000 to $10,000. This estimate excludes the cost of prenatal care, ultrasounds, and lab work. Those who have premature babies can expect to pay even more, from around $3,000 for a short hospital stay to hundreds of thousands of dollars for extremely premature infants.

"ere guv, I'll take the £50/day childbirth!!!!!!!!!!!"

Do I really read hundreds of thousands of dollars at the end or am I hallucinating?

now if your talking about poles then yes , they are good workers and are realistic with pricing £50 a day is more than enough for manual workers.

Dentists are also manual workers!

£50 just about gets you an HOUR of their time when on the NHS.

Of course, like plumbers, you dont get NHS dentists any more ( except that one from Afghanistan in Bradford ) and a private dentist would do a 10 minute inspection for a little less than £50 and his hygenist woulod give you about 20 minutes for about £26. Start any serious work ilke a root canal and thats about £200 for an hours work!

Who said plumbers were expensive?

Or if you want a real overcharger then go to a solicitor! They start at about £300 an hour in London in a central firm but are a more reasonable £200 an hour in the leafy suburbs! Those prices are plus VAT and "disbursements" like £20 for a postage stamp and envelope!

Tony

well thats rich plumbers and even richer boiler engineers for you !!!!

i would never pay by the day , the hard workers would never leave.

i have payed for a job in the past and they always leave early , probly got more than one job on at a time .

YOU CHEEKY TW*T, ID LOVE TO MEET YOU PEN PUSHER GIMP, CRY WHEN YOU GET A PAPER CUT ARRR POOR YOU

£50 is far too much for such work surely a few shillings and lots of cups of sweet tea should suffice

Twould appear a few cages have been rattled, Parsnips comments just make me laff, I just take them in the manner they were intended, tongue firmly in someone elses arse cheek ;) it the also adds to my MAHOOSIVE veiwings count, I'm doing even better than on Horse&Hound, cool :LOL:

Or if you want a real overcharger then go to a solicitor! They start at about £300 an hour in London in a central firm but are a more reasonable £200 an hour in the leafy suburbs! Those prices are plus VAT and "disbursements" like £20 for a postage stamp and envelope!
What is your basis for saying that solicitors overcharge?

If a boiler install requires two people you can charge for both at their respective rates, say £30/hr and £10/hr. A solicitor is not permitted to do this, so if you pay him £200 for an hour's consultation that includes all the on-costs for his staff wages.

A solicitor also has the costs of maintaining an office, often in an expensive central location, where rents are high. After all how many times does a customer visit a plumber's "office" to discuss his heating requirement? Those costs are recovered through "disbursements"

The most expensive outlay for a solicitor is probably his annual professional fees to the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Professional Indemnity Insurance, which is compulsory, and is in addition to Public Liability Insurance and cover for the office equipment etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back