Printing posters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to print some posters with a large font. Word & Works only allow up to size 72 which is not large enough.

I would like to be able to print some letters about 60mm high.

Look forward to advice.

Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
You are not limited to 72pt in Word! Although the drop down box only has values up to 72pt, you can in fact type much larger values directly into the font size box.

Sponsored Links
Open Works Word -> click Format (on top toolbar) -> click Font
In the window , top right Size it should say 10 or 12. Click it and delete it then type in what size you want. It may shy off at more than 200.

dave

or type it up on a4 then i assume you are taking it to a printing company. convert it to pdf and tell em what size to print it.

It might be better to use a drawing program for making posters. They are a bit more comprehensive in design options than Word. Just click and drag text to the right size for instance. Good borders and backgrounds are easily added too.

Serif offer a free starter drawing program (DrawPlus) with some good features included. You'd have to be prepared for e-mails hoping you'll pay for an upgrade but you don't have to go for it. Inkscape is another good free program but not as easy to use as DrawPlus in my opinion.

Sponsored Links
Back