Pro Brexit owners demanding more Work Visa's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It may on the face of it seem as hypocritcal that Pro Brexit supporting owners are now lobbying the Government to increase the number of work Visa's but it should be seen in the wider context of them wanting to create and indentured work force.

Workers who are employed on work visas find it difficult to impossible to change jobs because their new employer has to take over their visa sponsorship with the added costs and hurdles. This leaves the worker open to exploitation and is used as a stick to motivate other staff.

In the US tech companies have used and abused the H1B visa to employ Indian IT workers to undercut local staff both in terms of pay and conditions.

Next and Weatherspoon CEO's have similar aims. Employees on work visas essentially cannot quit because if they do they will have 60 days to find employment or leave the UK. Failing that then they will have to pay for another Work Visa application.

When your legal right to remain in the country is tied to your employment you will be more willing to accept worse conditions of work because your only other realistic option is to leave.

This is very similar to the Kafala system in the Middle East.

Sponsored Links
Ive heard it makes UK not terribly attractive to come and work.

It will lead to worse working conditions and more visa overstayers.

Brexit Britain: going back a 100 years

Why would any EE worker lower themselves and come to this sinking island when we told them to f off? There's plenty of countries in EU to work where they don't have to jump through hoops, pay for visas and health insurance and always be worrying that they will have to go home when no longer needed. Then there's the £ which is worth less now. When (if) we start our import checks on EU goods to UK in Oct, no lorry driver, UK or European, will want to have anything to do with cross Channel work because of the massive aggro crossing the border either way. Still, at least we've taken back control. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Why would any EE worker lower themselves and come to this sinking island when we told them to f off? There's plenty of countries in EU to work where they don't have to jump through hoops, pay for visas and health insurance and always be worrying that they will have to go home when no longer needed. Then there's the £ which is worth less now. When (if) we start our import checks on EU goods to UK in Oct, no lorry driver, UK or European, will want to have anything to do with cross Channel work because of the massive aggro crossing the border either way. Still, at least we've taken back control. :rolleyes:

Did you vote ?

Did you vote ?

It's no secret I stupidly voted for Brexit, believing the lies we were told. I bitterly regret it and realise I carry some responsibility. As more time went on after 2016 it became clear to me it was a big mistake. As soon as buffoon got more involved, ramming through his version of Brexit and circumventing parliamentary scrutiny I could see it was going to be a car crash. With a pathalogical liar and charlatan like that forcing it, I hoped parliament would somehow prevent the whole farce. It was not to be. Here we are today, a lame duck country with damage to economy and businesses growing daily. Over the years, Blair Cameron and Johnson have done more damage to this country than can ever be repaired.

I blame that red bus caper that’s what swung it for me

dunno what scoundrel thought that caper up :confused:

probably Johnson :idea:

Granted the entire caper appears to be a complete dogs breakfast

Ravenheat manufacturing could be leaving the UK market
They manufacture in Italy

intergas ( Dutch) ???

veissmann ( Germans) in short supply

well let’s face it ounce u hit rock bottom the only way is up :idea:

the country needs a moral boost :idea:

er hmmm well Er um ??

its nearly Christmas :idea::idea: