Probably a Silly Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This will probably sound like a silly question but here goes.

I was having problems with my gas heating ( combi boiler with 2 zone controls managing the hot water and central heating)

Anyway in my investigation I removed the 2 port motorised actuator and manually turned the valve spindle. The spindle had no stop positions as like a gas valve (eg only 90 degrees movement). I can't remember if I returned it back to the original position or if i've turned it thru 180 degrees from original position.

My question is - I assume the valve is like a ball valve so long as the spindle mates OK with the valve actuator, everything is OK?

Or if the spindle is 180 degrees out does it cause any problems?

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have Rotary plug type valves (e.g. Danfoss, Sunvic, Myson, Potterton) so it will not do any harm if you have turned it 180'
as long as the actuator has fitted in the original orientation then there should be no problem!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back