problem Filling Modena 102 Combi boiler central heating.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I hope sommeone can help me.
I drained my central heating to re route some pipes under a beam. The beam is being fitted as part of a loft conversion. When I rerouted the inlet and outlet pipes they went down approx 30cm then straight for approx 30cm length then back up to original level (U bend ). I filled the system via the top up tank and poured some rust inhibitor directly into the pipe after removing a radiator. I had some trouble bleeding the system but eventually all seemed to work ok with the cold water pressure at 1.5 bar and just a little above when hot, Radiator hot all over and DHW operating fine. Now though, after a few days, the DHW and the CH seem to run for about 15 seconds then shut off for a minute or so then come back on. After 30 minutes or so of the central heating cycling like this the heating and the DHW work fine. Can anybody help me solve the problem?
Although there is no instruction for filling the system in the manual, I did see a sign on the boiler next to a pipe. The sign had a simplified funnel symbol with a length of hose coming from the funnel . The pipe is next to the central heating outlet pipe. I followed the pipe this sign was next to and it went down below the floor then out of the house and then pointed down. There was no tap/valve at the end of the pipe. Due to the sign I thought this may be the filling point but the manual diagram seems to indicate this pipe comes from a safety valve - is this a pressure relief valve? If so why the funnel sign?
Any help greatly appreciated.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back