problem fitting kitchen wall units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a new kitche ndelivered the other day and fitting the wall units at the moment

Ive put 2 x 500mm units next to each other, they are level and touch each other at the top, but there is a gap at the bottom of the unit (around 15mm max)

I confused as they are level

Any ideas / help appreciated as I dont really want any gaps

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the tops are level, then the units are out of square.

Once fixed with no gap, then you'll have to adjust the doors to hide the difference

If the tops are level, then the units are out of square.

Once fixed with no gap, then you'll have to adjust the doors to hide the difference

should i screw the units together so i can get them to sit without gaps?

only thing i can think of that is causing them to stay of out square is the back ply board - maybe i should remove

screwing them together wont sort the problem you will just pull the cabinets out of shape

place a strait edge underneath back and front
on the front top and bottom

if the walls not flat the cabiners wont sit flat together

Sponsored Links
sorted it

Unit wasnt sqaure due to the backing board not being on straight making it out of shape. I took this off and put the unit on and it was perfect.

Ive now joined all units together and attached the backing again and all is good

Just got to fit on more bracket but will have to wait until tomorrow as I accidentally drilled thru a cable and had to repair cable and wall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back