Problem fixing basin to wall...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have completely refurbished the bathroom, ripped out all the old pipes, bath, toilet, basin and tiles etc etc. All has been fitted with minimum issues apart from the basin:

Basin has two nuts/bolts to fix to the wall. Holes have been drilled and plugs fit snugly. If I use a ratchet spanner and just try to fit the bolts they go in to the expected point (I have leverage to do this and can apply pressure). Problem is that when I attempt this with the sink in place I have to use a small spanner since ratchet does not have enough space to manoeuvre - its so awkward that I can only turn the damned things to a certain point and then they just appear to turn and not move any further into the wall. I think this is because I can't really apply any pressure using a spanner. Any ideas on resolving this?

Thanks,

Nagsy

Sponsored Links
are you using the fischer basin fixings ?

screw the two studs in, fit basin, fit the bush, then the nut.
do it up with your fingers then nip it up with a spanner or adjustable.
overtighten it you'll crack the basin.

OMG!

Its so obvious now you have mentioned it. I been pulling my hair out attemtping it.

You're quite right, screw the damn bolts in first....

Thanks, will surely get it sorted 2mro.

Cheers,

Nagsy

are you using the fischer basin fixings ?

screw the two studs in, fit basin, fit the bush, then the nut.
do it up with your fingers then nip it up with a spanner or adjustable.
overtighten it you'll crack the basin.

Sponsored Links
thats what the flats are for half way down.
stick an adjustable on and wind them in. ;)

Classic post!

I guess it's only easy if you know how. We've all been there.

i am not slagging the OP here, honest, but dont you think it is funny as f**k when someone posts something like this (yes we have all done something similar) but you can just see their face going red when they realise their mistake :LOL: class

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back