Problem solved.

Sponsored Links
Jeremy Hunt does have a point. If the money and salaries involved in data collection and statisitical analysis was spent on medical equipment and salaries for additional medical staff then maybe waiting times could be reduced.

And does it really matter if non urgent cases have to wait 4 hours before being told there is nothing wrong with them and to go home. These time wasters appear in the statistics as well as those who do need treatment and are invariable seen and treated within minutes of arrival at A&E

I suspect we wouldn't need such things if we made it clear that individuals who don't meet the criteria for treatment can feck off.

Sponsored Links
Personally, I would be a lot more radical but as a start, make it clear that no-one will be treated if they are;

(a) intoxicated
(b) a non-emergency (there are lots of minor injury units out there)
(c) someone whose condition is non-accidental and caused by their own actions [often allied with (a) above]

I expect many will disagree but that would be a start....

Why don't we use all the money we save on paying for membership to the EU and give it to the NHS?

I guess after we have paid out all the farm subsidies that will be rescinded when membership ends and paid out all the various trade tariffs and bribed all the car manufacturers etc, I guess there won't be a lot left.

Ho hum, seemed like a good idea.

Or just have a system whereby those who have not made the requisite NI contributions don't get treated....

AFAIK, children don't have NI numbers until 16 so it wouldn't apply to those under that age. Even after 16, if they were in full-time education then they would be exempt from the requirement.

but you just said, people who have not made the requisite NI contribution.

So you didn't mean what you said?

Well what did you mean, then?

Did you mean "non-resident foreigners from countries that Britain does not have a reciprocal agreement with?"

Clearly there would be exceptions to the rule for those such as children (under 16) who do not pay NI. That wouldn't be the only exception. Those in receipt of a state pension for instance (as they also do not pay NI) Children and OAPs aren't the ones clogging up A&Es up and down the country on a daily basis.

So who did you mean?

You appear to think that hospitals are being clogged up by people who are not entitled to treatment. Who do you think they are?

Do you believe that Britain's aging population, with an increasing number of elderly citizens, put more demands on the NHS?

Do you think that fit, healthy young people of working age put a disproportionate load on hospitals?

Sponsored Links
Back