Problem with Baxi 80 Eco not firing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Baxi 80Eco installed pre christmas. We had to turn off electrics to modify the circuit elsewhere yesterday.

This afternoon I notice no hot water. I go to the boiler with the DHW tap on, and the only light is the power light. Burner on neon does not light, nor does flame failure neon. Similar when I put the CH to on.

I cna hear the pump working, but no flame!

What can I do to try and resolve it myself, or is it a call to Baxi under warranty? Or do I call the people who installed it under warranty?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Just confirmed that the boiler was working this afternoon, so has definately worked since yesterday's power off.

Even more puzzling. Help ! :cry:

Inside the boiler a quarter way up near the back on a 22mm pipe is a overheat stat with a very small black or red button in the middle of it.Push the button and HEY PRESTO. :D

the lockout can be caused but drawing long amounts of hw off at a slow rate, there is a fix for this now, which stops the boiler locking out whilst the burner is off. if it dose lock out whilst the burner is on due to an overheat, it can be reset from the front.....is the boiler still in waranty???

Sponsored Links
Hopefully the o/h stat will be the cause, if not there are other possibilities.

Generally if you had a quality installer they will come out at no charge if you have any problems for at least a year. Make sure first that you have kept the pressure topped up at about 1.5 Bar and all the switches are on.

If you call the manufacturer and they find the problem is due to debris in the system because it was not properly powerflushed and chemically treated then it is likely to be a chargeable call!

Tony Glazier

there is a fix for this now, which stops the boiler locking out whilst the burner is off
WHat needs changing, to make that mod, Jason?

fitz1 said:
Inside the boiler a quarter way up near the back on a 22mm pipe is a overheat stat with a very small black or red button in the middle of it.Push the button and HEY PRESTO. :D

Brilliant, thank you so much for this. Did the trick as advised.

What is the cause of this problem, if it is a common solution, why tuck the button away where most consumers would have no idea?

Thanks again, and to everybody for the lightning fast replies. Is there any advice to prevent it happening again?

chrisr send me your email, and i will forward instructions, dont want to post on here, cause i ca see some diyer bodging it and looping out oh stats.

the new kit makes it so the customer can reset it.....

Soz hijacking post but just want to ask jason a question .Have you come across any 80e`s or 105e`s that make quite a loud droning noise coming from boiler for first five mins on start up from cold only on heating hot water is perfect and not a sound . Pressures are correct and system is clean and inhibited .and after initial noise boiler runs as quiet as mouse. thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back