Problem with electric under floor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I having recently had electric underfloor heating in my bathroom. The mat has been installed under tiles. An EFH-P thermostat controls the heating. The thermostat was set to activate on floor temperature readings. For a few weeks there were no problems. Then a problem developed whereby the heating did not come on despite the thermostat showing that the temperature was below the required level and that the heating was activated (the flame icon was showing). Additionally, the override function did not work. I changed the settings so that the heating activated on air temperature and that worked for a few months but I am now having the same problem. The override function still does not work. I would welcome any ideas.

Sponsored Links
Get the installer back, if its a recent install.

Most decent manufacturers have a warranty against faulty materials (not if its badly installed!"),

also read this recent thread that may help. //www.diynot.com/forums/electrics/devimat-issue-stopped-heating-up.350791/

You'll need a multimeter and the skills to use it, if you want to try and fix it yourself.

Do you have the documentation for the install, it will show the resistance values of the mat and probe at installation time. You'll need that so you can do a comparison.

Sponsored Links
Get the installer back, if its a recent install.

Most decent manufacturers have a warranty against faulty materials (not if its badly installed!"),

also read this recent thread that may help. //www.diynot.com/forums/electrics/devimat-issue-stopped-heating-up.350791/

You'll need a multimeter and the skills to use it, if you want to try and fix it yourself.

Do you have the documentation for the install, it will show the resistance values of the mat and probe at installation time. You'll need that so you can do a comparison.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back