Problem with Intellisense 800L alarm system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, I know it's a cheap system but I don't want to replace it until I have my extension done, so I have to live with it for a while.

Basically the problem occurs after a power cut (which unfortunately seems not uncommon where I live).

The battery takes over OK, but the alarm goes into a non-responsive mode. The keypads are active, but none of the codes work. I just press the keys and get the backlight and beeping, but nothing happens. This stays like this when the power is restored.

To solve the problem I need to do a hard reset (power off the alarm system and disconnect the battery). Then I can bring it back into operation using the engineering code.

Anyone know if this is a 'known' issue with a solution?

Sponsored Links
I don't know your panel, but I suspect the battery may be the problem.

How old is the system / existing battery?

Occasionally with Texecom panels the keypad(s) & panel will stay illuminated, but will not respond during / after a power failure when the battery is on it's last legs. This is usually cured by a hard reset after replacing the battery.

There is another sub-forum for alarms...

(Note dates of earlier posts!)

-----------------

Moved from electrics uk
mod 9

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Battery is in main control box. Large white square thing. Remove cover, disconnect battery.... Replace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back