Problem with leaking fordham cistern.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leak with the bolts with wingnuts on that attach the cistern with the pan.
My first problem is the bolt and wingnut are rusted. I have tried WD40 but it hasnt had any effect. Any suggestions?
My second problem is I can feel the bolt move a little but I do not want to put much pressure on the wingnut just incase I break the cistern, does anyone know if the bolt goes through to the inside of the cistern on a fordham?

Sponsored Links
depends what fordham cistern you have.
look in the top and you'll see if the bolts come through to the cistern
if not they are fixed to a c/c plate.

as its rusted etc just cut the bolt or wingnuts off.

I have looked in the cistern and cannot see any bolts.

Forgive my ignorance but if they do not go all the way through how can water be coming down them? There is no sign of water anywhere else.

Also what is a c\c plate?

Sponsored Links
Forgive my ignorance but if they do not go all the way through how can water be coming down them? There is no sign of water anywhere else.

this is a close coupled plate and do-nut washer
if the do-nut becomes worn it can let water past when the toilet is flushed and their then sits between wc/cistern then runs down the bolts.
p1077886_x.jpg

this sits between the wc/cistern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back