Problem with router

J

joinerjohn

Hi all, I'm on Virgin Broadband and have a Netgear WGR614 wireless router. My computer is wired into this via the ethernet ports as is my partners computer. Recently I have started losing my connection to the internet via the router. When this happens the only way I can get it back is to restart my computer. I get a warning up on the VM router manager telling me that my router isn't connected to the internet. I have checked all cables etc and there's nothing amiss. This is now happening at least 3 or 4 times per day. When I lose connection, my partner doesn't and she can stay on all day.
Anyone know how to sort this out?? VM helpline are useless. I can spend an hour talking to someone in Calcutta and get nowhere at all.
Cheers
JB

Sponsored Links
All sorted now. Turned out it was VM's fault. I managed to get through to someone in the uK who ran a series of tests on my equipment. He sent through some electronic codes or whatever and , touchwood, everything has been working well since. Did wonder why it only stopped my computer accessing the interwebthingy though and not the missus's :)

Sponsored Links
Back