Problem with site navigation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When posting or navigating the site both today & yesterday (but could have been longer), I keep getting delays & then the message “tab recovered” & a further message “a problem with this webpage has caused Internet Explorer (8 ) to close & reopen this tab”. I'm usually redirected back to where I was but not always.

Sponsored Links
Is this happening on the same page? e.g. when posting a message, or has it happened when looking at the forum index and viewing topic, I know you mention posting or navigating but to break it down further might help pin it down.

The only change in the last day or so is the addition of the Special characters, but this only affects the posting page. It has also been tested on IE8 and didn't show up any issues then.

Sorry for delay in getting back but I needed to check. It seems to be random; when I navigate the site from the forum index, when I click reply or preview after compiling & when I click on my E mail advice links.

PS; it's also just done it when I tried to edit this post; seems to happen more in the evening when things are busy.

Hmm, very strange, the delays could be explained by the site being slow, but it shouldn't cause a tab to crash.

Have you a different browser (e.g. Firefox) that you would mind trying as an experiment, just to see if the behaviour is similar? Intermittent tabs crashing sounds like more of a browser issue (or related software e.g. Flash, Java) than a site issue tbh. In theory nothing a website presents should be crash a browser, though of course in practice this isn't true.

One other thing do you have any toolbars or addons installed in IE?

Sponsored Links
I have Firefox & can give that a try; no add on’s to speak of & up until this problem started a few days ago, I've not had any problems since installing IE8 some considerable time ago.

Back