A malfunctioning or malicious add-on has caused Internet Exp

Sponsored Links
As for the script erors,
Open IE -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced Tab.
Scroll down thelist to the Browsing Section.
Put a tick in the box next to each of these:
Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)
Disable Script Debugging (Other)

That should stop the error message appearing.

dave
They are already ticked,
This is where I am dave, I went back two weeks again, as problems keep occurring.
I have and Error IM32FAX DIL NOT FOUND when I restart, and the system seems to freezing up, especially when I go to help and support.
Message " Internet Explorer Script Error" an error has occured in the script on this page.

regarding the Internet Explorer Script Error, four solutions to try from Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260
Obviously the fifth one is out of date.

Regarding the Error IM32FAX DIL NOT FOUND, do you have a Lexmark Printer?

If so:
Uninstall the lexmark printer and any program by going to Control Panel -> Add/remove and then uninstall.

Restart the comp the message will come again

Next it requires altering the registry, so make a backup first:
How To Backup Registry In Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Click Start -> type regedit in box and click OK

Click on the + HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Click + SOFTWARE
+ MICROSOFT
+ WINDOWS
+ CURRENT VERSION
Click RUN -> In the right pane right click on the Lexmark printer
Click Delete & exit the window & restart the computer
the error message will not come again.

Reinstall the printer as per the instructions that came with it.

dave

I had a lexmark, but not any more.
I'm not sure which IE edition I have, who do I check/find this out?
Tried the trouble shooters, other than method 4 as not sure what to do, as the window appearing does not give me any promps and not sure if it's 6 or seven.
But the others were unsuccesful.

Sponsored Links
To find your version of any program including Internet Explorer, open the program and click on Help -> About. A window will open with the details of the program.

As for deleting temp files, find out your version of IE (as abover) and if it is v6 or v7 follow the instructions in the link in my previous post.
If v8 then
Open IE -> Tools -> Int Options -> General Tab
Under Browsing History click Delete and in the next window, tick all the boxes except Passwords.
Click Delete and that will clear all teh temp files in IE.

As for your error message, it looks like the computer is still trying to fiond the Lexmark printer.
Go to Start -> My Computer -> double click the C: drive icon.
Double click Program Files and look for any labelled Lexmark.
Right click it and select Delete.

Looks like IE 8v.
I've done as you have said checked all boxes bar passwords but script error still appears when I go into help and support, then close window.
I gone into programs deleted one lexmark file, but one won't allow me to delete. deleting file or folder error, can not delete customui.dll: access denied.

Does the Error IM32FAX DIL NOT FOUND message still display or has that been stopped?

I am a little confused regarding the script error, what Help and Support are you using?
What are you doing to get to Help & Support and why are you going there?

dave

Does the Error IM32FAX DIL NOT FOUND message still display or has that been stopped?
It only came up when I rebooted/restarted but i just did that and message did not appear.
I am a little confused regarding the script error, what Help and Support are you using?
What are you doing to get to Help & Support and why are you going there?
Help and support window fo HP invent, from Start menu, it's where I went to restore back.
when I close the window down, the internet explore script error appears, asking if I want to continue running script on the page. YES or NO

URL hcp://cn=hewlett-packard,l=cupertino,s=ca,c=us/HPQ/XPXWWPP5/PCHClientUI/Global/PCHBtnMonitor.html
if that helps

Help and support window fo HP invent, from Start menu, it's where I went to restore back.
when I close the window down, the internet explore script error appears, asking if I want to continue running script on the page. YES or NO

URL hcp://cn=hewlett-packard,l=cupertino,s=ca,c=us/HPQ/XPXWWPP5/PCHClientUI/Global/PCHBtnMonitor.html
if that helps

1. What do you mean "where I went back to restore back" Can you explain what you did, and why you did what you did.

2. Regarding the running script, did you click Yes or No

3. The 'url hcp etc' does not do a thing. If it is supposed to open a web page it doesn't. What is it supposed to be?

1) when the problems occured, I went back two weeks, this is the route I took, as it is where the restore feature is on my start up menu.
Before this could not get clips to play on you tube, and a message asking to download flash kept displaying and the page then froze up.

2) done both, does the same thing regardless. closes down both page and message

3) this is at the bottom of the script error message.

That's not safe mode. Safe mode is an option from that screen. That's the bootloader.

In my last post, that I have since delete, I offered the OP advice on how to reboot his computer to get to the position to select 'The Last Known Good Configuration' by using the F8 key on startup and using the up/down arrows to select the choice and pressing the Enter Key.

I was then informed by Monkeh:

That's not safe mode. Safe mode is an option from that screen. That's the bootloader.

I may have worded it slightly incorrectly BUT my instuctions were correct to get the OP to get his computer to restart in the last good configuration, and hopefully get rid of his problems.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307852

On a technically, Monkeh is probably correct but the OP would not have known the difference.

On a technically, Monkeh is probably correct but the OP would not have known the difference.

Exactly, and then he goes around calling it safemode and other people go around calling it safemode and.. You get my point?

I may have worded it slightly incorrectly BUT my instuctions were correct to get the OP to get his computer to restart in the last good configuration, and hopefully get rid of his problems.
Does this get rid of the missus :?: ;)

So where are we, what do I do?

Sponsored Links
Back