Problem with smart switch, energenie has anyone else had problems?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 5 Energenie smart switches, problem with one in living room, it has 8 x 6W candle bulbs on a Maestro plug in ceiling rose, it seems to have a mind of its own, switching on/off without doing anything, swapped the switch and for about 2 weeks seemed to have cured the problem, then last night it would not turn on, disconnected power which normally cures problems, but no better, it would switch on for few seconds only, found all three remote controls still not better, unplugged the ceiling rose and plugged in another, still no improvement, disconnected the hub still the same swapped back to old switch, and seems to work.

I may need to abandon using smart switch in living room, already removed from dinning room, but wondered if any one else has had problems?

Sponsored Links
Try a Shelly 1? I use loads of them without issues and you can keep you existing switches then...

Try a Shelly 1? I use loads of them without issues and you can keep you existing switches then...
One problem
shelly-1-diagram.jpg
they require a neutral, there are loads of good switches that use a neutral, but when there is no access to above ceiling rose and no neutral at the switch the options are limited, I have 5 energenie switches, and only have a problem with two, both fitted to same location. What I want to do is work out if ceiling rose, switch, hub, nest mini, or remote controls, it turned out in dinning room to be ceiling rose, the spring loaded contacts were not always making contact, and once circuit is lost the switch auto switches off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back