Problems after new consumer unit fitted

If the consumer unit had been installed better, ie grommets, tidy wires inside AND outside, and looked like someone competent and experienced had done it, THEN it MAY be considered getting a wire in the wrong hole to be a genuine honest mistake and best forgotten about once rectified.

But that cu installation has been done by someone who hasn't put any care into it, and isn't competent. This installer should not be doing this kind of work as he can't do it properly.

There is no excuse for that kind of shoddy work.

Sponsored Links
But that cu installation has been done by someone who hasn't put any care into it, and isn't competent. This installer should not be doing this kind of work as he can't do it properly.
whssign.gif
plus_one.gif
whssign.gif
plus_one.gif
whssign.gif
plus_one.gif
whssign.gif
plus_one.gif

Hence my suggestion to write to his employer, if known, stressing that no remedy from the firm is sought, but you are concerned that they are employing someone who is so bad at his job.

Sponsored Links
Well, probably not.

Whilst I always think I am right, I do not think I am always right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back