Problems in large one level flat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 4 bedroom flat which has one bathroom with a bath and shower plus two extra shower rooms. I have been told that I need at least 22mm mains pipe 1.5 BAR min and at least 20 ltr per min flow rate to have any chance of installing a atisfactory unvented system.

If my mains supply is not good enough what are my options if I can not get a new main supply in

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
To keep the demand down, use electric showers - they only use 4 l/min.

Otherwise it's tanks and pump(s), or an unvented cylinder with an accumulator might be an answer - depends on those mains figures.

Your local water supplir willbe able to tell you the pressure you should get for your postcode.

Flow, though, depends on the pipe coming in. Measure all mains cold taps together and add them up, otherwise one restrictive tap gives a false reading.

Sponsored Links
what is an accumulator
A few hundred quid's worth, getting on for as big as a HW cylinder. It stores water at mains pressure , so you're drawing from that rather than the mains direct. When you turn the tap off it charges up from the mains.

No, there are definitely different words there, only about two the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back