Problems with fitting a flourescent Light

I just bought a very simple analogue multimeter. Dont think it has this continuity mode you mention

Sponsored Links
Does it have an ohms range, something like 1R, 1 Ohm or 1 greek symbol omega? If you set it to this range and touch the test probes together you should see the needle go from one side of the scale to the other.

Yaeh Spark it has omega x1k and x10. I'm ok with testing the cables mate but not really bothered by testing the terminals as suggested previously. Just want to know where the red blu and yellow get coonnected in the new switch.

Can you help with this?

Thanks[/code]

[code:1]Old switch New switch
L1 Com
L2 L1
L3 L2
[/code:1]

To carry out a continuity check, set the meter to the omega x10 range and when you touch the probes together, you should see the needle move across the scale.
Don't forget to turn the electricity off before doing any work.
Once you have your switch sorted, go to the fluoro and disconnect all the wires as we said before, pair the black and red from each cable together, connect your meter across the the red/black from each cable in turn. When someone operates the switch you should see the needle on the meter move from one side to the other. This is the switch cable.

Sponsored Links
Spark thanks. Got the light up and running this afternoon. Whatever I did worked. Its switching from both ends fine. Thanks for all your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back