Problems with leaking shower, any advice appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Thanks, will take a proper look tomorrow. It's always so difficult to see if they're the right thing when looking at them online!

After having a proper look I don't think that's going to work. Any more idea anyone?

Even if it's just a quick fix for now until something more permanant is suggested; really need it up and running again.

Update: OK, I decided to take it apart. The whole thing's been bodged togehter and is a disaster. Anyway, I now know why there's such a distance between the bottom of the tray and the hardboard; the base of the tray has ridges on it, like loads of feet I guess. I'll upload a pic. As you can see the waste hole's quite big, I measured it at 8.5cm. I think I should be able to get a bottle trap in there now by cutting a slightly larger diameter hole in the board underneath.

Having had a look at the website I was pointed to the only waste I can see that will fit the hole is this http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/Domed_Designer_Shower_Trap_and_Chrome_Waste.html Seems a bit "fussy" for the rubbish shower though! Does anyone know of another, more drab, waste I could use? There are no sizes on any of the others so I've no idea how big/small they are!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back