Problems with new boiler install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Had a new boiler put in last week worchester greenstar

Indirect system.
Here's some concerns I have.

1. the boiler it's self is making vibrating noises on and off whats all that about?

2. Pump for central heating is rattleing and getting very hot, I have bled it no better. It wasnt like this before boiler went in.

3. Installer after draining down the whole system has not topped up header tank with inhibitor.

4. Turned hot water on this morning flow pipe from boiler gets hot, as it passes through the floor it's cold, goes through a 2 port zone valve then hot again? air lock or pipe blockage?

I'm getting someone in who knows what there doing but if any of you lot can hand some advice over that would be great

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Get your installer back if its not right

1. Casing might be loose, dont touch yourself

2. May be time to replace pump

3. ****** installer not putting inhibitor in (he could of you dont have to put it in header

4. Hot cold hot pipe? Maybe its a different pipe coming out after going into floor

In the interests of balance....

1. These things are relative. As with baz, the case might be lose. Not good.

2. Pumps do get hot. A bit of solder might be stuck in it. Not a big deal and easy to solve.

3. How do you know?

4. Bollocks.

Could be that the installer had just had enough ;)

Thanks for reply ok there's two pipes coming through floor flow and return both cold and the zone valves on on the flow?
Correct?

he did not use inhibitor either through the header tank or a rad.

Why would the pump just need changing its a year old and was fine before he came. I rekon a peice of solders got in.

so many cowboys out there

Sponsored Links
Dan I know he didnt because I was watching him closely as I'm an apprentice and wanted to gain knowledge.

the flow pipe is hot from the boiler as it reaches the airing cupboard it's cold for a 2 feet section goes through a valve then gets hot.

Was you disregarding what I was saying or suggesting somebody's *******s was stuck in the pipe ? Haha

Just get the installer back then or gain some experience and work it out yourself, best way to learn if your an apprentice, did it get a flush? Pumps can go after a year in ****ty systems.

Return to hot water cylinder gets hot before flow the installer has put the boiler F AND R pipes round the wrong way so what I was saying was not wrong what a rookie

If you was watching him that close you should have spotted it then, what a rookie :LOL:

Touchy!!!! , I'm not able to to install boilers as I'm not gas safe
He cut the old pipes from the boiler and joined them, how would I know what one was which, without reading the manual or having expeirence of that particular boiler?

Are you one of those who dosnt approve of new plumbers or gas engineers hahah take a look in the mirror pal

Ive been doing this job 10 years mate so dont get lippy **** off back to college and find an installer that can identify pipes next time. There is nothing wrong with new people getting in to the industry aslong as they are not ex trolley collecters/ spanish waiters ccc! :mrgreen:

maybe you have but without seeing a job you can't comment so why answer my question with b ollocks?

who are you to judge who gets into the trade?

whats wrong with trolley pushers?

The ex trolley pushing is a running joke,
None of us on here have have seen the job so what answer was you expecting?
If it's an installer issue get him back to sort it simple

Surely you know a few gas safe guys that can check it out for you then ask one of them

Just spoke to one and he's going to come round to take a look
just cant believe how you can put the flow to the return
hot water cylinder heats from the bottom
to many cowboys out their i will take pride in my work when I'm qualified

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back