Problems with the builders

Toilet being gripfilled to the floor. No way jose! Cant believe these people keep getting more jobs! Cant believe this s h i t!

Sorry, but there is something within the above quote that made me laugh!!! If the loo comes loose, you will certainly believe it then ! hahaha

On a more serious note, technogeek, DO make sure you get photos of this guys work, by the sound of it, you may need them ;)

Sponsored Links
Pedrovr4";p="2352886 said:
Confused...

I do DIY - but with 2 kids simply don't have the time.
So, got a builder in to do my bathroom - complete refurbish........

Dude, that was your first mistake ;)
It's a plumbers job at the end of the day.

Erm plumber? Employ a bathroom fitter.........duh[/quote

A Plumber ('Time served" of course, like myself - no axe to grind there then... ;) ) will be better set to offer a bathroom refurb than a builder. In my considered opinion, Bathroom fitters are adept with a mastic gun, turn out a perdy job, with no thought as to how maintenance will be carried out in the future.
Breadknife required to remove an entire tube of mastic to 'fix' a basin back to tiles?, a whole can of expanding foam to seal a waste pipe hole under a bath (flex connector, with the compression joint to UPVC pipe leaking in the middle of the foam....) Oh I do get leaks, and sort them out, and consider that it may just well be me asked to come back to re-washer
an inlet valve in a concealed WC cistern that bathroom fitters tile in with no access panels...

Come to think of it, the demolition job and reconstruct are good earners for me (at least), so carry on.

DH

Excellent reviews on Check-a-trade and good piccys of completed projects.
Check-a-trade is useless as (amongst other reasons) you cannot leave negative feedback. (It says you can, but you can't.) Any idiot would be able to find 10 jobs that went well and get feedback from them, and ignore the 90 which went badly.

Seems like this guy is messing with you. You need to tell him you are not happy and ask him to fix it up. If that does not work then you may need to take some legal action against him. We cannot let builders get away with that. It's bad for the customers and for the trade.

Sponsored Links
Ihonestly dont believe you ppl you dont make proper checks then its everyone elses fault but yours will trade checker not help you oh sorry no they still want builders money
May I suggest you get off your high horse and consider it from the "man in the street's" position for a minute. This sounds like "Mr Average" who doesn't really know the right questions to ask, and uses a service that 'claims' to allow consumers to avoid rogue traders. There's a catch 22 there - if he knew the questions to ask, he probably wouldn't need such services, but because he doesn't know the right wquestions, he doesn't know how to spot a bad recommendation service.

Mind you, sometimes you do come across people who you'd think would know better falling for such things.
Oh I do get leaks, and sort them out, and consider that it may just well be me asked to come back to re-washer an inlet valve in a concealed WC cistern that bathroom fitters tile in with no access panels...

Come to think of it, the demolition job and reconstruct are good earners for me (at least), so carry on.
Funny you should mention that ...
One of our customers at work had a new building done a couple of years ago (I was doing the network cabling). I observed that they have concealed cisterns, which are in a box, which is tiled over. I was wondering how they planned to service it :rolleyes:

Back